We, Social Screen Ltd, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC500208 whose registered office is at 96 Randolph Drive, G76 8AP, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of website use and any other documents referred to within it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, via our website made available and operated at socialscreen.network, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Social Screen Ltd a company registered in Scotland with company number SC500208 whose registered office is at 103 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HD.
- Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide when filling in forms on our website;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our website;
- information that you provide when you register and submit comments, ratings and reviews on our website;
- information that you provide when you submit content to our website;
- information you provide when interacting with content made available by third parties upon our website;
- information you provide you contact us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise; and
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own administrative purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, details of your device, and/or particulars of your social media account.
- IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name [INSERT DOMAIN NAME CONTAINED WITHIN COOKIE FILES] within the file name.
- You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
- Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
- Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to provide content to you;
- to provide content you have uploaded to others;
- to assist in generating funding for content made available via our website, or the further development of that content;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service or website;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to comply with any legal obligations;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of others; or
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use.
- We may also contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with information on content, products and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers, e-mail address and / or social media account(s) details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may keep personal data which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above.
- Disclosure of your information
- We may share your personal information with:
- those uploading content to our website, so that they may contact you in relation to that content, including to bring your attention to it;
- those providing funding in relation to content made available via our website;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we (or they) enter into with you;
- business partners and suppliers in order that they may contact you with offers of goods and services that may be of interest to you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by our website users may be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third party personal data
- Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of content providers, advertisers and affiliates, or others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.