We, Social Screen Ltd, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC500208 is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You are central to the Social Screen community and it’s important to us that we maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect.
Data you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from 3rd parties, and information that we collect through automated means. The kinds of information that we might collect are:
- Contact info, such as name, email address
- Transaction and financial data (such as credit card information and Stripe payments)
- Internet or other network or device activity, eg browsing history, IP address, location
- Professional related data, such as cast and crew identity
- Inference data about you
- Legally-protected classifications or physical descriptions that you might state on your website
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you
When we collect this data:
- When you register and provide personal details.
- When you contact us and request information or support.
- When you make a transaction, such as running or contributing to a crowdfunding campaign, or giving or receiving payment for streams of a film.
- When you create a Campaign: this includes some financial information information, and contact information.
- When you post information in comments and blogposts, and in content on your site.
- When you follow or interact with another user’s content.
- When you sign up for updates on a film.
- When you share information through a third party, eg through registering via Facebook.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this may mean that you are unable to register for an account or use our Services.
How we collect information
- We may collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, and application program interfaces.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically.
We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name filmcityfutures.com within the file name.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Storage of Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
How we use this information
We may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you:
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions on our Site.
- For marketing purposes.
- Personalise the Services and content.
- Error detection and reporting.
- Security, Fraud, and Legal Compliance.
How we Share Your Information With Third Parties
We may share the categories of information identified above for the following business and commercial purposes:
- When you Contribute to a Campaign, we share your Contribution information with the Campaign Owner so that the Campaign Owner can, for example, send you Perks, provide you with customer service, conduct market research, and comply with our Terms and Conditions. Please note that once we share your personal information with a Campaign Owner, the information received by the Campaign Owner is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the Campaign Owner’s privacy practices.
- We also share certain types of Contribution information with necessary third parties such as Stripe, for compliance purposes like payment processing or identity verification.
- When you create a Campaign, we share some of the information you provide with necessary third parties for financial compliance purposes, such as preparing for Campaign disbursement.
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When we share your personal information with your consent, including when you post personal information on public forums or blogs accessible to third parties.
Your controls and choices
You can choose how we use and share your information as follows:
- Updating or deactivating your Social Screen account.
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts.
- Controlling whether you want us to access location information, such as by controlling or disabling location services on your mobile device’s settings menu.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by contacting Social Screen, or by editing your account.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
The following sections on GDPR applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you are not sure whether the GDPR section applies to you, please refer to the text of the regulation here or consult with an attorney as Social Screen is not able to give you legal advice.
Who is the Data Controller?
Social Screen is the “data controller” of personal data collected by all of Social Screen, and we are responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed. Site Owners may also be data controllers of certain data that you provide to Site Owners when you make a Contribution to a Campaign or through any of our other Services.
Legal bases for use of your information & controls and choices
The laws in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and some other jurisdictions require us to provide Users, to the extent those laws apply to such Users, with the following information. The legal grounds for use and disclosure of personal information include any of the below reasons:
- On the basis of consent, such as to send you certain information, including marketing communications, to share your information with partners when you have requested we do that, or to collect and process your information for research purposes if you have Contributed to a Campaign, or otherwise agreed.
- For our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others such as to ensure the security of our Sites, operate and improve our business and our Sites, respond to your questions, engage in certain marketing, make and receive payments, comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud, conduct analysis, enforce our Terms, engage in a business change (e.g., sale, merger), to know the User to whom we are providing the Service, and to create anonymous data.
- To protect the vital interests of the individual or others. For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
- the right to be informed about the use of your data
- the right to access the data about you that is collected by us
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right to not be subject to automated decision-making
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
Unfounded or excessive requests may be refused, in which case feedback regarding the reasons for refusal will be given.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of content providers, advertisers and affiliates, or others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Data transfers, storage, and processing globally
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use Social Screen on their own.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Your use of our Website and the Services is also governed by our Terms and Conditions https://socialscreen.co.uk/pages/ts-and-cs (“Terms”), which should also be read.